School Support Services
In-School Behavior Services
Our goal at VHAP is to meet each student’s individual behavior support needs in collaboration with school staff and families to help students access their curricula and to support a positive school experience. Collaboration with district professionals includes providing training and consultation support to create an optimal learning environment in the classroom and during in-school activities.
This can include assisting school teams with learning and implementing behavior interventions to reduce challenging behaviors and increase prosocial behaviors. Collaborative efforts with families include regular communication and consultation about student’s goal progress and behavior interventions.
We provide experienced Interventionists to deliver 1:1 support and implement evidence-based interventions under the supervision of a certified behavior analyst. Our staff have been certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI), which uses the safest techniques possible to reduce the risk of injury when responding to crisis situations. This training program emphasizes the safety, security, and welfare of the child and uses a framework for problem solving crisis situations.
- Collaborative Development of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- 1:1 Behavior Intervention Support in General and Special Education Settings
- IEP Goal Development with Families and School Staff
- Modeling Behavior Interventions for School Personnel
(e.g., classroom aides, teachers, and other district service providers)
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
- Positive Behavior Intervention Plans (PBIPs)
- Individualized Behavior Treatment Plans (BTPs)
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Goals and Program Interventions
- Interventionists Certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI)
- Consultations with Families and School Team Members
School support services are typically funded by school districts and are authorized via an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).